Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Makin' a List...

The big day is soon coming. Soon Mia and I leave for sunny Hawaii to have a holiday with my parents. I am getting very excited!! I have been making lists, checking lists, crossing items off lists, adding items on lists and so on and so forth. It is a bit crazy trying to pack for a trip when you have kids. I remember the days when it would just be David and I going away and we could pack basically the night before and it would be so easy!! Now there are so many factors to consider..."what can I bring to keep Mia occupied on the 10 1/2 hour flight"..."what medications do I need to bring for Mia since she decided to start cutting her 2 year molars this week"..."what food items do I need to bring for Mia because some of her regular food you can't buy in the US"... etc etc. I am making good progress on the packing though. Bit by bit it is getting done. The problem is of course that some stuff you just can't pack until the day of or the day before. I can't wait though - it should be a blast!!

In preparation for the trip I had a spa pedicure the other day and boy was it great!!


Like I said above, Mia's first 2 year molar (her top left) has cut through already. I knew that she would probably get these molars early as she has all her other teeth and all her other teeth came early but I didn't expect them to start coming 6 months early!! Crazy!!!! She wasn't too bad with the first one - she had 1 day where she was horrible and that was the day before I noticed the tooth so this molar went more smoothly than her other ones I suppose!! She has been putting her finger in her mouth all day yesterday and gnawing down but I can't feel the next one coming through yet.

We had some fun with bubbles the other day. It is amazing how such a small thing can bring so much enjoyment...






I have also decided on my next knitting project. I am still working on Mia's 2nd sweater but she won't be needing it until next winter so I have a while yet to finish it so I thought I would start another project and have 2 on the go! Stay tuned for pics of what it is!!

No comments: