Monday, January 25, 2010

My Water Challenge

I am now reading a book by Dr Philip Goglia called Turn Up The Heat: Unlock the Fat-Burning Power of Your Metabolism. In his book (which is GREAT) he talks about the amount of water you are supposed to drink per day to lose weight. He says most people are not drinking even CLOSE to enough (and that was totally the case with me!). According to him, you are to drink 1 ounce of water for every pound you weigh. I have to drink SO much water it is crazy!! But he said if you change nothing else in your diet, exercise etc for 1 week and just drink the required amount of water then he said you will lose at least 5lbs in 1 week. So I have set myself the week-long challenge. I am too embarrassed to post my starting weight so I will just tell you after a week how much I have lost. Wish me luck!!

I also found out from Dr Goglia's book that I wasn't eating enough which is strange because I thought that I eat a lot but I am not eating the right things for my metabolism. That is what his book is about - what metabolic type you are and what you should be eating to increase it's efficiency. It is a really fascinating read - very scientific based. It has you work out all kinds of totals regarding what you eat, your metabolic rate, your active metabolic rate etc and these numbers generate which part of his program is right for you. The best thing is is that you don't have to give up the foods you love! As long as you are eating the right proportion of things for your metabolic type then that is the key. And you also get 1 free day per week to eat whatever you want....BRING ON THE PEPPERONI PIZZA!!!!

My goal is to lose 15kg (33lbs for the Canadians/Americans out there) by the end of June. Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

Karrah said...

good luck !!
( much easier to read now ! )