Monday, October 31, 2011

Summer's Comin'

You can sure tell summer is coming. The humidity is skyrocketing and the sun is beating down. Not today however as it is rainy (still humid though) but there have been plenty of days since my last post that I cursed the day we built our house and DIDN'T put in air conditioning! It is definitely on the wish list though.

Well since my last post things have been pretty busy. Mia and I have been doing our various weekly classes (gymnastics on Mondays, swimming on Tuesdays and music class on Wednesdays) so that has been keeping us busy. Mia has now been moved up to the next level of swimming which means I am no longer going to be in the water with her. I have mixed feelings about that as I love getting in the water with her but it will be nice to be able to sit back and just watch!! I have big plans on some new craft ideas I want us to do over the next couple of weeks but I just need to get myself organised enough to do them!

My obstetrician visits are now fortnightly. I am 31 weeks right now so not long to go!! It is looking likely that I will be induced around 37 weeks and I am getting so excited to meet this little girl! She must be a soccer player because she is kicking ALL THE TIME!! It is crazy! Mia was never like this! Not that I am complaining though because I LOVE it!! I was lying down on the couch last night just watching my belly dance - what a sight to see!!

Mia's toilet training has been going SO WELL!! I am so proud of my little girl! Or should I say my big girl... *sniff, sniff*. We have only ventured out once out of the house in her undies though. I am so scared she will have an accident right in the middle of the supermarket or something! LOL  I don't think I am going to get away with having her wear a nappy out of the house though for much longer as she has been getting really upset when we are out and she has to go pee. I tell her it is okay because she has her nappy on but she gets very agitated. She did it at gymnastics this morning so I took her to the toilet, took off her nappy and she did a pee on the toilet. Then I had to put her nappy back on! I might have to just bite the bullet, start taking her out in her undies and deal with the consequences! Poos are another story though. She hasn't mastered the pooing in the toilet yet. The problem is is that most of the time she either poos as soon as she wakes up or right before bed when she already has a nappy on. We will keep working on that one...

Since the days are quite warm now it was time to get out the little paddling pool in the backyard so that is what I did yesterday. Mia had a blast!! Here is just some of the fun...






I think that is probably all for now. I am hoping to start getting some more scrapbooking pages done over the next few weeks so I can TRY and get a bit more caught up on Mia's photos before this baby arrives. Unfortunately I am only up to Mia's 9 month photos and she is 2 1/2 now...not sure how I will EVER catch up!!

In the words of the character at the end of Sesame Street that Mia likes to copy..."Peace" everyone!

No comments: