Friday, February 5, 2010

A Catch Up

Gosh I haven't been on here in a few days and there is so much to catch up on!! Firstly, 3 nights ago we had quite the shock! We were sitting on the couch and I looked out the window and I could see something crawling around on the outside window ledge. I just assumed it was a cane toad as we seem to get tons of them in our yard thanks to the rock retaining wall we have...but to my surprise it wasn't a cane toad...it was a mouse!!! A MOUSE??!?!?!?! What the??!?!!? Of course my dogs were outside and Alex especially took a liking to the mouse and after it ran away wanted to find it at all costs. It hasn't come back since then...thank goodness!!!!

Karrah and Kailin from www.eggsdontbounce.blogspot.com came over for a play 2 days ago and the girls had a very nice time together. I was hoping that Kailin would show Mia how much fun crawling is and Mia would just start crawling but no luck yet. Mia is 10months today so hopefully crawling will come soon!!! Check out the pic of our girls...



Our air conditioner has broken down so we have been sweltering in the house in the heat. There are no celing fans in the living areas of the house so it has been so stinkin' hot. I am waiting for a call from the repair men but they sure are taking their time!!!! Mia had a very nice swim in our friend's pool 2 days ago which she loved and yesterday she had a swim in the shell pool in the backyard - she just loves the water! She is starting to pull herself up using the edge of the pool which is nice to see because normally she just sits and rotates while sitting and splashing! At least she is starting to pull herself up like most other babies!!

Big news here is that our final house plans for the house that we are building are FINALLY ready!! I spoke to the builder yesterday and he said we should be able to pick them up from him on the weekend. Then we have to get the plans approved through Covenant and then through Council and then it is time to build!! This process has been going on FOREVER so it is nice to finally see some progress!!

I have also had some possibly exciting news on the job front. I have been trying to find a work from home job for quite a while now. I sent off an email to my old workplace offering my services as their graphic designer/formatter and I totally expected to be told an outright no but the boss is actually considering my offer and I should find out her answer any day now. Fingers crossed! Another development is that a while back I registered with a company called Elance (check them out at www.elance.com). Nothing has come of it since then but the other day I got an email from a lady wanting me to submit a proposal for a job she has going. After speaking with her via email she is very impressed with what I do and is hoping that she can give me work through the company she works for. It would be all work from home doing graphic design, document preparation, event organisation etc. It sounds FANTASTIC!!! Fingers crossed again....she has to talk to the boss guy and see if he approves!!

Today I have to pick up a toy I bought for Mia off Ebay. I sold a few books of mine for about $40 and bought this toy with my profits - can't wait to show it to you all - pictures will come probably tomorrow!

1 comment:

Karrah said...

yay !!! congrats (maybe) on the job !!!
Cant wait to see mia's new toy :)))
Our girls look so cute playing together !!