Monday, February 8, 2010

My Poor Vacuum Cleaner

First the exciting news - I officially mailed off our house plans to the Covenant Administrators for their approval. Hopefully it will only take about a week and then by that point the contract from the builders will be ready to sign and then I can give that to the bank, they can release the money and we can get the plans off to council. Can't wait!!

The bad news is that my vacuum cleaner is dying a slow death. We have never been one to spend A LOT of $ on a vacuum even though I know the more money you spend the better quality and the longer it lasts. Our vacuum gets quite a workout as I vacuum at least once a day - sometimes twice. When my parents were out here visiting from Canada when Mia was born they did the vacuuming one day and by accident snapped the plastic bit attached to the metal part of the tube. My dad, being the fix-it man he is, put duct tape around it to put it back together. I do remember when I was a child we had a really old vacuum and by the end of it's days it had so much duct tape around the tubing it looked like it was an alien from outer space! Now this duct tape that my dad put on our vacuum has been working pretty well however lately it has started to not work and the tube is actually bending so I have to bend over really low to hold lower down on the tube to do the vacuuming. I have tried putting more duct tape on it to give it more support but unfortunately it is beyond repair. To use a quote from the movie Cool Runnings (which was on the other night)...

ME: "Hey vacuum...you dead??"
VACUUM: "Ya mon"

My poor vacuum...

1 comment:

Karrah said...

poor vacuum :((
I wont spend alot of $ on a vacuum either .. the best tho i've had is an el cheapo from sams wearhouse (bagless) and i totally love it.. doesnt make the daily vacuuming more enjoyable though !