Wednesday, February 24, 2010

This 'n That

What a crazy time I have had over the last few days!! FINALLY tonight I have the chance to catch my breath and update this blog of mine!!

Firstly, I have finally submitted my final essay for the University course I am taking!! My essay, as mentioned before is on Domestic Violence in Indigenous communities. I think it came together pretty well - hopefully the mark that I get reflects that! I also finished my final quiz so that officially means that I have completed the course!! Thank goodness!! My next course starts in about a week - it is called Understanding Imprisonment (all about the Australian prison system, deaths in custody etc). I am really looking forward to it!

My work from home job is in full force now. I have completed 2 tasks for them already and that will bring in $625 of extra cash for me!! It feels great to be bringing in some extra income. It will certainly make things easier when we start building our house!!

Speaking of building our house, we got our copies of the building contract today which I took straight over to the bank. Now they just need to do their bit and then the builders can get the plans off to council. We have our tile selection appointment on Sunday and we have pretty much picked out what we want. The only thing we are unsure of is the kitchen splashback. We changed what we are using for our kitchen benchtops so now we need to change what we were planning for the splashback. We will make our final decisions on Sunday.

Mia got a special surprise from Grandma and Grandpa today - a swing for the back deck. I have been wanting to get her a swing for AGES but because we are just renting the house we are in I couldn't get one as you have to drill holes in order to hang it up and use it. However, David's mum and dad jigged up a rope system that attaches to the 2 columns of the deck rather than screwing into the top and got a second hand swing for her which is perfect! She loved it!! Now I don't have to take her to the park everytime she wants to have a swing.

Mia had her first proper bubble bath tonight!! It was so cute!!

No comments: