Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mia's New Toy!

So I decided to try a different tactic to help Mia start enjoying standing up for longer periods of time so I found a 2nd hand Leap Frog Activity Table on Ebay and got it for her. It is really neat and plays all kinds of songs and sounds. It is music based and has a rattle, piano, guitar, trombone etc for her to interact with. She seemed to like it and was doing quite well standing on her own while playing with it. She still flops down on her bum quite a bit but she is getting the hang of this "standing" thing!!

The big news in my life is that I got one of the jobs I talked about in my previous post!! I am going to be working on a trial basis to start basically as an Admin Assistant/Graphic Designer for a Property Investment Educator and Renovations company helping design their material for their various workshops, organise their monthly newsletter and doing some writing of articles and research for them. I am SO excited as I get to do all this from home and still be a full time mum to Mia. I just couldn't bear the thought of putting her in childcare so this is just so perfect and it will really help with our finances (I will be making $25 an hour to start)!! I will be starting probably on Monday as they are hoping to get me the background for my first task to me this weekend!!

I am so sick and tired of my air conditioner being broken. It is SO hot here at the moment and with no ceiling fans in the living areas we are sweltering!! The repair men are coming on Tuesday but they said over the phone they have a feeling that the entire system has "blown up" and it will need replacing. As we are in a rental property while our house is being built who knows how long the owners will take to replace it.

We were hoping to pick up our final house plans from the builder today however they haven't been sent over from Head Office yet. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday next week. We are building through a company called Perry Homes but we aren't using one of their standard designs. We have basically designed our own home. When I get a proper electronic copy of the plan I will show you all!

1 comment:

Karrah said...

woooo for mia's new toy !!
Congrats on your job ! That's great news !!
Totally jealous i dont have a skill i could do from home !