Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Long Time No Speak

It seems like forever since I have posted!! I guess it has only been 5 days but it seems longer!! Ok, here is the news...

My job is going well. My first task was to write 6 kitchen renovation articles on things like how to renovate your benchtops, splashback, cupboards, basic kitchen design rules etc. I did 2 articles and sent them to the lady I am working for and she emailled back and said WOW and GREAT in response to what I had done so that is a good thing! Now I can finish the other 4 for her and get some $!!!

Regarding building our house we signed the final contract with the builder on Monday which is VERY exciting! We now wait for head office to mail out our copy and the bank's copy of the contract. Then the bank can finalise our loan, release the money, then we can pay the 5% deposit to the builder and they can get the plans off to council. David and I have been working on our colour selections...this is what we have chosen so far...

What we are wanting to use for our kitchen splashback...

What we are using for our kitchen cupboards...

The colour we have chosen for our kitchen benchtops and our bathroom/ensuite benchtops...

The brick type we have chosen for part of the front, the sides and the back of the house...










The roof tiles we have chosen...




This the colour of our bamboo flooring that we are using...











This is what we have chosen for the bathroom/ensuite cupboards...


















We have also chosen the colour Monument (which is like a dark grey) to use for our garage door and gutters and we are using the colour Classic Cream for our downpipes and fascia. The weatherboard on the outside front of our house will be the colour Exposed Elements which is like a brown/grey just like the roof tiles. Our choices are not locked in yet...but we are liking what we have so far.

Mia is doing great. She is commando crawling now which is exciting! I was wondering if she was ever going to crawl. She can go pretty fast across the floor but I do hope that she progresses to "normal" crawling (I call "normal" crawling crawling on all fours). She is extremely talkative which I LOVE!! Like mother like daughter!!

I am trying to finish my final essay for the University course I am taking. It is on Domestic Violence in Indigenous communities. There is such a plethora of literature out there on it that I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. I need to get some semblance of order going!! It is due in exactly 1 week!! AHHHHHH!!!!!!

I am also very excited because I have designed Mia's 1st birthday invitation. Here it is...





What is missing is that on all the coloured squares I am adding a hand punched white daisy flower with a black centre to give the invite some "texture".

1 comment:

Karrah said...

LOVING the colour choices .. and UBER jealous !!! I would LOVE LOVE LOOOVE to design a house !
OMG you didnt tell me mia was 'crawling' !!! Least she's on the move !!!
loving the b'day invites.. i will send kailin's out this week .. 22 days to go :((((