Sunday, April 4, 2010

My Little Almost Toddler

As I write this only 2 hours and 32 minutes until my little Mia becomes a toddler. I tucked her into bed tonight realising that when I get her out of bed tomorrow she will no longer be my baby. After shedding some tears in the shower I have sat down to reflect on the year that has been.

What an amazing year! Completely lifechanging. Like nothing I have every experienced before. From the time I held Mia for the first time until now I have a love for her that I never thought was possible. I know it is corny to quote a line from Jerry Maguire but she completes me. I never knew that being a mum could be so special, so fulfilling, so...everything! I wouldn't change a thing.

I am looking forward to this new stage of Mia's life. But at the same time I feel a sense of mourning for the stage that, in 2 hours and 27 minutes will be over. Is that crazy??!?

Happy almost birthday my darling Mia. Mummy loves you more than I can ever express!

2 hours and 20 minutes...

No comments: