Sunday, March 2, 2014

60 Day Bonfire Total Life Transformation

Tomorrow I'm embarking on a journey...a 60 day journey!  It's called the Bonfire Total Life Transformation (TLT). It's not about weight loss...it's a complete transformation (although I'm hoping weight loss will be a component for me!!).  The staff at Bonfire will be guiding all us challengers through the entire 60 day process. Equipping us with tools, knowledge, recipes, motivation etc etc to help us complete our own individual challenges.  It's all so exciting!! I'm excited to be a part of this awesome experience!! My team leader Dr Espen (who's also my chiropractor) will be an essential part of my journey.

As part of the journey you have to set goals. Achievable goals! Habits you will change. Foods that will be eliminated during the challenge and foods that will be added. You also need to identify your motivations for doing this challenge.  One habit for my challenge that I want to start is daily blogging about my challenge journey. A form of accountability really. I want to be able to track how I'm going, how I'm feeling, how I'm looking and my struggles and triumphs.

So this is the start...my first blog entry for this challenge which officially kicks off tomorrow. Here are my lists of things for the challenge... I'm so ready to get started!!

7 HABITS
1. Make sure I exercise in some form every day .
2. Make sure I eat a proper breakfast every morning.
3. Look myself in the eye every morning and say 'you are worth it' and 'you can do this'
4. Focus on my positive attributes and not my negative ones
5. Involve my girls in the healthy changes as much as I can
6. Make dinner my lightest meal and breakfast my heaviest each day
7. Keep a daily blog about my challenge.

7 FOODS/SUBSTANCES IN
1. Coconut oil
2. Lemon water
3. Fish oil supplement
4. Green hydration water
5. Juicing
6. More green veggies!
7. Nuts

7 FOOD/SUBSTANCES OUT
1. Potatoes
2. Pasta
3. Rice
4. Bread
5. Soft drink
6. Refined sugar
7. Potato chips/snack foods

My Motivation Statement
"My motivations for doing the TLT are quite 'simple' to express. As a mum to 2 young girls I want to provide a good example for them. I want to model for them what a healthy mind, healthy body and healthy life means. I want to learn how to be the best me I can be so that I can be the best mum I can be. I want to learn healthy habits I can implement for the rest of my life. Most of all I need to start making myself a priority again. After having kids (and even before!) I always put myself at the end of the list. Bottom priority. It's now MY time. And I can't feel guilty for making myself a priority. I need to believe in me."

So until tomorrow my friends, take care!

Love Crystal

No comments: